Monday, October 26, 2009

Learning From My Failures

The definition of insanity, according to Albert Einstein, is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I wonder if it's a normal human flaw to stick with what we know or what we've always done, regardless of what the outcome is or has been time and time again. I can speak for myself and say that my ability to procrastinate in doing important things that happen to NOT be so exciting to me has not ceased to strengthen itself over time. It's picked up momentum, in fact, and now I've become an expert at doing what is immediately exciting to me, in exchange for things that really matter. By putting off the important items in my life, I always find myself stressed out and wondering "why didn't I just do it when I had the chance?" This thought brings several things come to mind, namely COLLEGE.

Well, right now, it's very important to me that I get in really good shape. Time isn't standing still, and I need to develop a healthy way of life while I'm still fairly young. I plan to STAY in shape this time. As I mentioned yesterday, I found an online trainer who has given me an exercise and meal plan. He updates it every two weeks so that the body will be shocked, which is how we see results quicker and prevent hitting that dreaded "plateau". Well, it took me 2 weeks to get into the groove of the plan my trainer set up. I didn't stick to the diet 100%,I didn't go to the gym on all of the days that were suggested, I did NOT do every single exercise that was suggested, nor did I drink a gallon of water each day as my trainer suggested.

I took progress pics two weeks ago. This morning, I took more pics in the same poses. I ALREADY see the difference in my body! The difference isn't HUGE yet, but my muscle definition is already starting to present itself in my shoulders, neck, and arms. My legs are starting to firm up just a bit. What motivation!! Just the thought of the results that I could have seen had I stuck COMPLETELY with the plan really gives me the motivation I need to do this thing right for the next two weeks. I can't wait to see the progress pics in two weeks!! I'll be 35 years old by then! :-) :-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Good for you. I am on a similar quest but getting back into the groove has been a real fight this year. I'll pray for you ... you pray for me ... k?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger tamigill said...

You've got it, Randy! We will have each other's backs in prayer!! :-)

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home