Sunday, November 01, 2009

Great end to the week!

I have SUCH good news to share. Remember in my previous post when I said that I may have good news to share on Friday? Well, I was so excited and busy celebrating what ended up being great news that I'm just now finding time to post about it!

My hubby passed the Georgia Bar Exam. He is OFFICIALLY an attorney now. All of his hard work and our sacrifice as a family officially means something now. It is a wonderful feeling that's hard to describe. It's more of a relief than anything to be honest. My husband is both humble and a perfectionist. He ALWAYS gives nothing but 100% in everything he does. Let me tell you about this man for a second: When I met him he was a 24 year old college freshman who had just spent his first 7 years as an adult in the Air Force. He attended Hampton University and got an undergrad degree in Pre-Med Biology. When I met him and we fell in love, he decided that he didn't want to spend the first 6 years of our marriage broke, so he decided to forgo the medical career. He wasn't happy with the direction his career was going in after about a year of our marriage, and decided to obtain a degree in a more lucrative field. He got his MBA in Finance the year after our first son was born, while working full time. He loved being a Financial Analyst, but he always wanted to be an attorney. In 2005 after our second child was born, he decided to take the LSAT for the heck of it. He did well and got into GA State University Law School. Attending GA State was the best decision he could have made ...their students pass the bar exam at a higher rate than all of the other Georgia schools (including Emory and UGA, which are actually ranked higher at the time - that will change in due time).

So this brings us to where we are now. I am SO blessed to have a man whose number one priority in life is to leave a legacy and a lifetime of wealth to his family. That's all he's ever wanted, and his pursuit of what to some may seem like impossible goals is proof of this. I have always felt like the most fortunate woman on earth to be married to him. He always remarks that he knows I've got his back because I came from an upper middle class family and yet, married a man that was driving a tow truck when I met him. From tow truck driver to attorney...dream big, people. For those of us that dawdle and can't decide who we want to be, just aim high for something and never give up!! Thank you God for keeping our family immersed in your favor and grace!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Totally late on this but decided to come by and say hello... CONGRATULATIONS to your hubby and kudos to you for being able to see beyond the superficial into the soul of the man! :)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger tamigill said...

Aww, thanks so much my sweet Liz!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home