Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hocus, Pocus, REFOCUS!

Time to shift gears a bit. I think then readers of my blog deserve a change of topic.



I have great news: I'm starting school in May! Yes, after years of trying unsuccessfully (not consecutively), I am finally going to complete my undergraduate degree. Some people are on the 5 - 6 year degree plan;apparently I was unknowingly on the 19 year plan. I'll be 38 years old by the time I finish. Which means I'll be 41 by the time I become an....well, I'll see how I do picking back up as a 35 year-old undergraduate student before I even begin discussing the next path I plan to go down afterward.

All of the classes will be available online. I'll be finished by December 2012, maybe earlier. It'll be a liberal arts degree and the classes require a ton of reading and writing. Oh joy, three of my least favorite things: reading assigned material, making a case about it on paper, and simply being a student in the first place. Yuck. But God knows I'm not complaining...it's my choice to do this. The end-result is what matters. If I want all 3 of my kids in private school, nice family vacations, and a healthy retirement in 30 years, I've got to get MOVING!!

I'd appreciate your prayers. This has been a long time coming, and I'm obviously not good at being a student, or anything that doesn't yield immediate results. I'll keep you posted on how things go. Transcripts turned in to University: check. Next up, fill out application, complete financial-aid paperwork, and develop personal statement essay.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home